Sivananda Yoga Teachers' Training Course
5 August- 3 September 2023 in Spain
The goal of this training programme is to train qualified and inspiring yoga teachers who are able to draw on their own practice and personal discipline and share the yoga experience with others.
This course is suited to all yoga practitioners who seek a transformative experience in beautiful surroundings.
Yoga Alliance Certified 200-hour Training
|Shared room (4 beds)||3.230€|
|Double room shared bathroom||3.317€|
|Double room private bathroom||3.665€|
|Single room private bathroom||4.100€|
DISCOUNT PRICE: for students under 25 who are not working, or the unemployed. Price reduction 2.950€ with limited number of spaces in shared room.
Valid student ID or unemployment card is required for verification.
Call +34 91 361 51 50.
What is included in the price?
Including room and board, examination fee, TTC manual, two yoga pants, two t-shirts. All rates include VAT.
Not included in the price: travel, excursions, material for kriyas, any other additional service.
The deadline for making the full payment of the course is 4 weeks before the start date.
Please do not book your trip or make any payments until we have confirmed your participation in the course.
Certificate from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre organisation (ISYVC) is awarded on successful completion of the course. The diploma is entitled “Yoga Siromani”.
The International Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Courses consist of three levels:
|Teachers’ Training Course (TTC):||401 units of 45 min or 301 units of 60 min|
|Advanced Teachers’ Training Course (ATTC):||437 units of 45 min or 328 units of 60 min|
|Sadhana Intensive:||173 units of 45 min or 130 units of 60 min|
The Yoga Alliance recognises the TTC for the 200 hours Registered Yoga School Standards and the TTC plus ATTC for the 500 hours Registered Yoga School Standards.
The course will be taught in English and Spanish. Two lectures and two yoga classes will be fully in English. The meditation and some lectures will be in Spanish with translation into English. We are using a modern wireless translation system and headphones (available in the yoga boutique or bring your own).
- The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda, Three Rivers Press
- Bhagavad Gita with a commentary by Swami Sivananda, the Divine Life Trust Society
- Yoga: Your Home Practice Companion by the Sivananda Yoga Centres (Dorling Kindersley)
Please note: These books are not included in the course fee. They can be purchased in the location upon arrival or via the online shop.
|5:30 am||Wake up|
|6:00 am||Meditation, mantra chanting and lecture|
|8:00 am||Asanas and Pranayama|
|11:00 am||Karma Yoga (helping out with chores)|
|12:00 pm||Bhagavad Gita or Kirtan|
|2:00 pm||Main lecture on philosophy or anatomy|
|4:00 pm||Asanas and Pranayama|
|8:00 pm||Meditation, mantra chanting and lecture|
|10:00 pm||Lights out|
The curriculum is based on the five points of yoga which can be understood as the practical application of the four traditional yoga paths:
- Proper exercise (Asanas)
- Proper breathing (Pranayama)
- Proper relaxation (Savasana)
- Proper diet (vegetarian)
- Positive thinking and meditation (Vedanta and Dhyana)
Daily: two meditation sessions, two yoga classes, two lectures, one hour of service to the ashram community. One day a week is lecture-free.
Asanas (yoga postures)
The daily in-depth practice with individual corrections comprises:
- Sun salutation
- 12 basic yoga postures
- 100 asana variations, from intermediate level to advanced
- Postural alignment
- Deep relaxation with autosuggestion
- Release of blocked energy
- Training sessions for all age groups
Benefits of asanas:
- Control emotions
- Improve power of concentration
- Rid the body of excess fat
- Enhance physical fitness
- Relieve chronic ailments such as constipation, rheumatism, stomach complaints
- Stimulate circulation
- Stabilise thyroid functions
- Keep muscles youthful and supple into old age
- Expands capacity of the lungs
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Balances the two hemispheres of the brain
- Purifies the nadis (subtle energy channels)
- Awakens the inner spiritual energy
- Kapalabhati (lung cleansing exercise)
- Anuloma Viloma (alternate nostril breathing)
- Samanu (mental cleansing of the nadis)
- The 8 main pranayamas: Ujjayi, Surya Bheda, Bhastrika, Plavini, Moorcha, Sitali, Sitkari, Bhramari
- Tratak, Neti, Kapalabhati, Dhauti, Nauli and Basti: six classical purification exercises for the eyes, nose, air passages, oesophagus and stomach, abdominal organs and large intestine. Explanation and demonstration of the exercises and their effects. Individual instruction
Yoga anatomy and physiology
- Introduction to the major body systems
- The effects of asanas and pranayama on: the cardiovascular system, respiration, digestion, skeletal and muscular systems, endocrine system
- How to teach the 12 basic postures and breathing exercises to beginners and intermediate students
- Detailed correction workshops
- In the second half of the training course, participants will teach each other under the guidance of an experienced instructor
- Vegetarianism – for ethical, spiritual and health reasons
- How diet affects the mind
- Proper balance of the main nutrients
- Ayurvedic principles of nutrition
- Healing effects of fasting
- Physical and mental meditation
- 12-step daily practice
- Effects of and experiences in meditation
- Mantras – spiritual energy in sound
- Mantra initiation (if desired)
- Ethical and moral principles
- Body – prana (life energy) – mind
- From control over the body to control over the mind and meditation
- Ashtanga – the 8 steps of yoga
- Antahkarana – functions of the mind
- Concentration and meditation
- The Absolute and how it manifests itself in nature
- Macrocosmos & microcosmos
- The 7 Chakras
- The awakening of cosmic energy
- Kirtan: chanting of classical Sanskrit mantras
- Indian gods and their cosmic meaning
- Arati and Pujas (traditional Indian rituals)
- The law of cause and effect
- Samsara – the wheel of birth and death
- Karma Yoga – selfless service: one hour daily in the ashram community
- Basic concepts of Vedanta philosophy
- The 7 Bhoomikas or planes of consciousness
- Space, time, causation
- The 3 bodies
- The 3 levels of the mind
- Conquest of death
- Study of both the text and the commentary of this classical yoga scripture
50 years of experience and more than 49,000 graduates
- Four-week theoretical and practical training in all aspects of yoga composed of 401 training units of 45 minutes’ duration.
- Certificate from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre organisation (ISYVC) is awarded on successful completion of the course. The diploma is entitled “Yoga Siromani” and recognised by Yoga Alliance for the 200 hours Registered Yoga School Standards.
- This course was established in 1969 by Swami Vishnudevananda as the first yoga teachers’ training course taught to Western students and now has over 49,000 graduates.
- A sincere desire to learn and openness to yogic techniques is required – a basic knowledge of yoga postures and philosophy is preferred, but not essential. Students will develop the skills to teach yoga asanas and improve their own personal practice.
"Yoga is a system of integral education, education not only of the body and the mind or the intellect, but also of the inner spirit."
~ Swami Sivananda
For TTC Spain
Swami Sivadasananda, Yoga Acharya, is a senior student of Swami Vishnudevananda and has taught at workshops and Yoga Teachers’ Training Courses around the world for many years. He is a dynamic, precise and knowledgeable instructor.
Swami Dayananda is the director of the Sivananda Center in Buenos Aires (Argentina) and teaches the Sivananda Teachers' Training Courses in South America and Spain. She is a steady practitioner of Hatha Yoga and a student of yoga anatomy. She has the ability to clearly convey the knowledge of Yoga and Vedanta.
Gopala is a direct disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda and teaches anatomy and meditation in the yoga teachers' training courses.
Swami Santoshananda has received training in the Sivananda Yoga Centres of Europe and is currently director of the Sivananda Yoga Centre in Madrid. With a great inclination towards devotional music, she teaches the practice and philosophy of mantra chanting.
And cultural programmes
Lecturers and artists enrich the experience of the Teacher Training Course. Lectures on medicine, diet, physics, psychology, religion, etc. reveal fascinating connections with yoga and reflect the rich tradition in which yoga has developed over the centuries.
lacasatoya, Aluenda (Zaragoza)
Aluenda is a picturesque little village as it used to be, at the foot of the Sierra Vicor, surrounded by wonderful nature where we find the best environment for the practice of yoga and meditation.
Its adobe houses, built with adobe, bring us closer to an architecture that respects the landscape of an area considered to have the greatest biodiversity of flora in Spain.
Comfortable and simple rooms with bathroom in the hotel and in the small houses of the village.
lacasatoya has 4 open-plan rooms of different sizes, all air-conditioned and with natural light.
In its saltwater pool with stunning views you can relax in your free time.
Watch this video to see its facilities.
Two full lacto vegetarian meals per day will be served, with a vegan and gluten free option (gluten free bread is not served). For other dietary requirements please contact us.
- Yoga mat, meditation cushion, meditation blanket or shawl
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothes, pen and paper, flashlight, shoes and comfortable walking shoes
- Toiletries, swimwear and towel
- Material for kriyas
One day a week
One day a week is free of lectures and classes. You will be able to enjoy the tourist attractions of the area such as the gardens of Aranjuez, the monumental city of Toledo or even visit Madrid and its museums if you wish to. It is all less that one hour away.
How to get there
You can book your flight to Madrid or Barcelona ( 2 hr by train to the location). The Zaragoza Airport is the clossest (30 minutes by train)
Aluenda is well comunicated by train. Take a train to the city of Calatayud (2 hr from Madrid or Barcelona), and then take a taxi from Calatayud to Aluenda (16 km, about 20€ the ride)
If you are traveling from madrid or Barcelona we can try to put you in contact with other students of the course offering a ride. Otherwise, please contact us for car directions.
Click here to sign up
Please contact us with any questions:
Phone: +34 91 361 5150
WhatsApp: +34 654 38 99 70
Participation in the Teachers’ Training Course requires inner openness and sincere acceptance of the instructions given by the teachers.
After enrolling, please meet or telephone with the Sivananda Centre in Madrid (WhatsApp+34654389970). This is to gain a better understanding of the spiritual nature of the course and to answer any further questions you may have.
Exceptional measures proven by COVID: in case of cancellation for proven reasons related to COVID, the course fee will be refunded 100%.
Cancellation before the start of the course:
Up to 1 month before the beginning of the Course, full refund. I.e. up to and including 4 July 2023.
One month before and up to the day before the start date, refund with a penalty of 10%.
Departure during the Teacher Training Course:
For the yoga part:
If departure is within the first three days of the course, 500 euros cancellation fee.
After the first three days of the course: no refund will be made.
In case of early departure, the TTC manual and TTC uniforms (two T-shirts and two pairs of trousers) must be returned before leaving the course venue.
HOTEL CANCELLATION POLICY
o Up to 1 week before arrival there is no penalty.
o Less than 1 week, TTC, the cancellation fee will be 10% of the accommodation and meals for the whole course. This penalty may be reduced depending on whether the place is reassigned to a new participant.
o Cancellations due to proven Covid cases, the refund will be full, except for the days already accommodated.
o Early departure from the TTC. Within the first 3 days, a penalty of 500€ will be applied. The departure must take place before 12h, otherwise this day will be counted as a penalty.
Once the course has started, no refund will be made.
If you leave on the day of the exam, there is no refund for that day.