Sivananda Yoga Teachers' Training Course
5 August- 3 September 2023 in Spain
The goal of this training programme is to train qualified and inspiring yoga teachers who are able to draw on their own practice and personal discipline and share the yoga experience with others.
This course is suited to all yoga practitioners who seek a transformative experience in beautiful surroundings.
50 years of experience and more than 50,000 graduates
- Four-week theoretical and practical training in all aspects of yoga composed of 401 training units of 45 minutes’ duration.
- Certificate from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre organisation (ISYVC) is awarded on successful completion of the course. The diploma is entitled “Yoga Siromani” and recognised by Yoga Alliance for the 200 hours Registered Yoga School Standards.
- The course language is English. Some lectures will be in Spanish with simultaneous translation into English.
- This course was established in 1969 by Swami Vishnudevananda as the first yoga teachers’ training course taught to Western students and now has over 50,000 graduates.
- A sincere desire to learn and openness to yogic techniques is required – a basic knowledge of yoga postures and philosophy is preferred, but not essential. Students will develop the skills to teach yoga asanas and improve their own personal practice.
Yoga Alliance Certified 200-hour Training
lacasatoya, Aluenda (Zaragoza)
Aluenda is a picturesque little village as it used to be, at the foot of the Sierra Vicor, surrounded by wonderful nature where we find the best environment for the practice of yoga and meditation.
Its adobe houses, built with adobe, bring us closer to an architecture that respects the landscape of an area considered to have the greatest biodiversity of flora in Spain.
Comfortable and simple rooms with bathroom in the hotel and in the small houses of the village.
lacasatoya has 4 open-plan rooms of different sizes, all air-conditioned and with natural light.
In its saltwater pool with stunning views you can relax in your free time.
Watch this video to see its facilities.
Two full lacto vegetarian meals per day will be served, with a vegan and gluten free option (gluten free bread is not served). For other dietary requirements please contact us.
Become a yoga teacher
Transform your life and the lives of others
- Experience a month of inner development and a deep immersion into a holistic and integral yogic lifestyle.
- Meet like-minded people from around the world.
- Connect better with yourself, find deeper insight and mental strength through meditation.
- If you have a deep interest in yoga and want to take your yoga practice to a more meaningful level.
- You want to benefit from the guidance and support of experienced and inspiring teachers.
- Improve your asana skills during four weeks of intensive practice.
- With daily pranayama practice you will improve your physical and mental energy level.
- Experience deep relaxation and learn how to help others experience more peace in their lives.
"Yoga is a system of integral education, education not only of the body and the mind or the intellect, but also of the inner spirit."
~ Swami Sivananda
|Shared room (4 beds)||3.230€|
|Double room shared bathroom||3.317€|
|Double room private bathroom||3.665€|
|Single room private bathroom||4.100€|
DISCOUNT PRICE LIMITED SPACES: for students under 25, or the unemployed. Price reduction 2.950€ . Only in shared room. Valid student ID or unemployment card is required for verification.
Call +34 91 361 51 50.
What is included in the price?
Including room and board, examination fee, TTC manual, two yoga pants, two t-shirts. All rates include VAT.
Not included in the price: travel, excursions, the 3 books mandatory, material for kriyas, any other additional services.
For TTC Spain
Swami Sivadasananda, Yoga Acharya, is a senior student of Swami Vishnudevananda and has taught at workshops and Yoga Teachers’ Training Courses around the world for many years. He is a dynamic, precise and knowledgeable instructor.
Swami Dayananda has been many years director of the Sivananda Center in Buenos Aires (Argentina) Teaches the Sivananda Teachers' Training Courses in South America and Spain.
Gopala is a direct disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda and teaches anatomy and meditation in the yoga teachers' training courses.
And cultural programmes
Lecturers and artists enrich the experience of the Teacher Training Course. Lectures on medicine, diet, physics, psychology, religion, etc. reveal fascinating connections with yoga and reflect the rich tradition in which yoga has developed over the centuries.
One day a week
One day a week is free of lectures and classes. You will be able to enjoy the tourist attractions of the area such as the monumental city of Zaragoza, the natural spas in the area and also larger cities like Madrid (less than 2 hr away)
How to get there
You can book your flight to Madrid or Barcelona ( 2 hr by train to the location). The Zaragoza Airport is the clossest (30 minutes by train)
Aluenda is well comunicated by train. Take a train to the city of Calatayud (2 hr from Madrid or Barcelona), and then take a taxi from Calatayud to Aluenda (16 km, about 20€ the ride)
If you are traveling from madrid or Barcelona we can try to put you in contact with other students of the course offering a ride. Otherwise, please contact us for car directions.
Click here to sign up
Please contact us with any questions:
Phone: +34 91 361 5150
WhatsApp: +34 654 38 99 70
After enrolling, please meet or telephone with the Sivananda Centre in Madrid (WhatsApp+34654389970). This is to gain a better understanding of the nature of the course and to answer any further questions you may have.
Reservation is firm with the downpayment of 600€ (100% refundable up to 4 weeks before the course starts). The second payment is due 4 weeks before the beginning date of the course.
Exceptional measures proven by COVID: in case of cancellation for proven reasons related to COVID, the course fee will be refunded 100%.
Cancellation before the start of the course:
Up to 1 month before the beginning of the Course, full refund. I.e. up to and including 4 July 2023.
One month before and up to the day before the start date, refund with a penalty of 10%.
Departure during the Teacher Training Course:
For the yoga part:
If departure is within the first three days of the course, 500 euros cancellation fee.
After the first three days of the course: no refund will be made.
In case of early departure, the TTC manual and TTC uniforms (two T-shirts and two pairs of trousers) must be returned before leaving the course venue.
HOTEL CANCELLATION POLICY
o Up to 1 week before arrival there is no penalty.
o Less than 1 week, TTC, the cancellation fee will be 10% of the accommodation and meals for the whole course. This penalty may be reduced depending on whether the place is reassigned to a new participant.
o Cancellations due to proven Covid cases, the refund will be full, except for the days already accommodated.
o Early departure from the TTC. Within the first 3 days, a penalty of 500€ will be applied. The departure must take place before 12h, otherwise this day will be counted as a penalty.
Once the course has started, no refund will be made.
If you leave on the day of the exam, there is no refund for that day.